Yield: 12 muffins
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 cups Cup4Cup Ancient Grains Flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
2 each whole eggs
½ cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup fresh raspberries
½ cup chocolate chunks (dark or milk)
½ cup Ancient Grains flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the milk and egg mixture and stir until just moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and then gently fold in the raspberries.
- To make the topping combine the remaining flour, sugar and cold butter in a bowl. Using your fingers, incorporate the butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Portion the batter into lined muffin tins using a 2 oz scoop or ¼ cup measure.
- Sprinkle the topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.