Yield: 24 Cookies
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
3 cups Cup4Cup Ancient Grains flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 cup Dark or Milk Chocolate Chunks
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ¼ cups unsalted butter
1 ¾ cups dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 Tablespoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter on the stove top or using a microwave 5-10 seconds at a time.
- Combine dark and granulated sugar and add to the bowl of an electric mixer. Paddle on medium low speed, slowly incorporating the hot butter until homogeneous.
- While the mixture is still hot, add egg and vanilla paste. Mix on medium speed for 3-5 minutes until the mixture becomes light and airy.
- Separately whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to mixer, and paddle on low until just combined. Scrape down the sides and add oats, chocolate and pecans.
- Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Optional: refrigerate for up to 24 hours; however, the dough can be used immediately.
- Portion dough with a 2-ounce scoop.
- Place cookies 5 inches apart, pressing the center down slightly to form a “puck” shape.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing.