Yield: One 10”x 5” loaf pan
For Carrot Cake Loaf:
3 cups (300 g) carrots, shredded on a medium-sized grate
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 ¾ cups (350 g) granulated sugar
1 cup (215 g) vegetable oil
2 cups (280 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour or Wholesome Flour
1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons (3 g) ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon (1 g) ground ginger
1 teaspoon (5 g) kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoons (6 g) vanilla extract
¼ cup ground (25 g) flaxseed, golden (whole or ground)
For Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, softened
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan liberally.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until well blended, it should be pale yellow in color. Whisk in the oil slowly. Stir in the shredded carrots and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and flaxseed.
- Fold dry mixture into wet mixture until fully incorporated. Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately one hour and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. The loaf should also spring back when pressed with a finger. Cool to room temperature.
- For the frosting, beat butter and cream cheese together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed until light, about 5 minutes. On low speed, beat in vanilla extract, then beat in powdered sugar until well combined. Beat mixture on high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- To assemble, cut the carrot cake loaf in half along its equator. Separate the top from the bottom. Spread half of the frosting onto the bottom half. Place the top half of the cake on top and then spread the remaining frosting on the top half. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top, if desired.