Yield: Yield: One 9” x 5” loaf / 12 standard muffins
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
2 cups (280 g) Cup4Cup Ancient Grains Flour
¾ teaspoon (3 g) baking soda
½ teaspoon (2 g) kosher salt
¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) ground cinnamon
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup (75 g) unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ cups (340 g) mashed banana (about 4 bananas)
1/3 cup (80 g) buttermilk, plain yogurt or sour cream
1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla extract
Optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts and/or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spay a 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, kosher salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale, approximately one minute. Add in melted butter, mashed banana, buttermilk and vanilla and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour to the egg/banana mixture and stir until all of the flour is just moistened. The batter will be lumpy and thick. Fold in walnuts and/or chocolate chips, if desired. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.