Yield: 1 10” Cake Pan
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Bake Time: 30-40 minutes
1 1/3 cups Cup4Cup Ancient Grains Flour
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2/3 cup buttermilk
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup sliced almonds
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil and line a 10” cake pan. Evenly spread sliced almonds across the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Cup4Cup Ancient Grains Flour, sugar, almond flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, eggs, almond and vanilla extracts.
- Add the dry ingredients and melted butter, mixing well until fully incorporated. Pour into the lined cake pan and distribute evenly.
- Bake on middle rack for 30-40 minutes, or until firm in center. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- Add powdered sugar by dusting gently with fine mesh strainer held about 8″ above the cake before slicing.