PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE CUP4CUP WEBSITE
In a commitment to the privacy of our users’ personal information, Cup4Cup, LLC, has formulated strict Terms and Conditions for www.Cup4Cup.com. The following discusses Cup4Cup’s information gathering and dissemination practices. We encourage you to read these Terms and Conditions before using the Cup4Cup website. Your use of this Site deems that you are in agreement with these terms.
Our Collection and Use of Information
We will collect personally identifiable information, including your name, postal address, telephone number and e-mail address, only when you provide it to us while on the www.Cup4Cup.com. You have the option to provide personally identifiable information when you create an account, enter a sweepstakes on this Site or on a third party site, sign up for email communications, participate in a survey, contact customer service, engage in a promotion online or in-store or otherwise interact with this Site. Your personally identifiable information may be used by us for all legal purposes, which may include, but are not limited to, responding to your requests, processing your transactions, conducting contests, tracking which parts of the Site are of interest to you, and processing prizes. We may also use your personally identifiable information for internal business purposes, such as optimizing Site experiences and analyzing and managing our businesses.
- Opt-in: This Site may provide you with the opportunity to opt-in to receive marketing communications from Cup4Cup. If you do not opt-in, Cup4Cup will not send you its promotional offers. If you choose to opt-in, you may receive certain future information or communications from Cup4Cup, and we may share your personally identifiable information with Cup4Cup’s subsidiaries or affiliated entities for purposes of sending you information about the programs of Cup4Cup or its affiliated entities and, occasionally, sending you advertising/promotional material from advertising and strategic partners.
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the body of the communication. However, regardless of your opt-in preferences, Cup4Cup may still at times need to send program e-mails for administrative reasons. If you opt to receive communications from multiple brands within thefamily of companies and then decide to opt-out, you may need to opt-out individually from each of the brands to which you agreed to receive brand-specific communications. Cup4Cup also gives you convenient methods for removing your information from our database so that you do not receive future communications or may close your account. You can opt-out on the account profile page (e.g., MyAccount, etc.), by using the contact us form on the website, by calling (707) 754-4263 Monday through Friday 8am – 4pm PT or by sending your request to the following postal address: Cup4Cup Consumer Relations, 6540 Washington Street Yountville, CA 94599
*Note Regarding Use of this Site by Children: This Site is not directed at children, and we request that you or your child not provide your child’s personally identifiable information on the Cup4Cup website.
We may also collect demographic data, such as your gender and postcode, when you provide this information to us. Demographic data may be used to tailor your experience specifically to you when engaging on the Cup4Cup website (e.g. surfacing special events and advertising that you might be interested and displaying content relevant to your postcode.)
On occasion, aggregate information that does not identify any particular user may be compiled and shared with subsidiaries and affiliates of Cup4Cup, and other third parties (See “Disclosure to Third Parties”).
Browser Cookies: This Site often requires the use of encrypted or non-encrypted cookies. Cookies are data that a web server transfers to an individual’s computer for recordkeeping purposes. Cookies are an industry standard used by most websites and help facilitate users’ ongoing access to and use of a particular website. Browser cookies do not cause damage to your computer systems or files, and only the website that transferred a particular cookie to you can read, modify or delete such cookie.
- Persistent Cookies: As part of the log-in process, this Site may use persistent cookies when you give us permission to do so. Persistent cookies are cookies stored on your computer. They allow us, with your permission, to remember information about you, such as your log-in information, so that we may enhance your experience the next time you visit the Site. You must give your permission to allow this Site to set persistent cookies. You may opt-out of the use of persistent cookies at any time.
- Flash Cookies: We may also use flash cookies, also known as “local shared objects,” on this Site during the log-in process. Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies and are used to remember the Site’s settings in order to personalize the look and feel of the site. Flash cookies only collect data in the aggregate.
- Session Cookies: This Site’s log-in process also may use session cookies, if you choose to register with this Site. Session cookies enable the Site to recognize your log-in credentials and enhance your browsing across the Site.
The Site may use “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. Pixel tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver advertisements for goods and services that may be of interest to you and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, pixel tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened.
Cup4Cup also collects “referrers” information, IP addresses and various environmental variables. A “referrer” is information that references the URL from which you came and that the web browser passes along to our web servers. The “IP address” is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you.
“Environmental variables” include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed this site, type of web browsers and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit this Site, the names of the pages you visit while at this Site and the Internet address of the website you then visit. This information is collected for Cup4Cup’s internal use, including enhancement of website security, detection of broad demographic trends, and determinations around which content would best tailor to specific user interests or needs. This information may also be shared with third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis.
We may use both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information, individually or together, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, improve our products and services, better understand customer interests and preferences, and/or provide our Site users with relevant information. We may enhance or merge personally identifiable information that you provide with data obtained from third parties.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Cup4Cup may share personally identifiable information, including information that you provide on the Site, with third parties according to these terms:
- Affiliated Entities: We may share any information, including personally identifiable information that you provide on the Site, with our subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide, for legal purposes that include responding to your requests, processing your transactions, conducting contests, tracking which parts of the Site are of interest to you, and processing prizes.
- Strategic Partners: From time to time we may enter into a special relationship with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with Cup4Cup to provide additional features on this Site. These special relationships may include business partners, sponsors and co-branded sites. Any information that you provide on one of these co-branded pages may be shared with these third party partners. By participating in activities or providing your information on these co-branded pages, you also consent to our providing your personally identifiable information to those third parties. Since these third parties will use your information in accordance with their own privacy practices, you should refer to their website privacy policies/terms and conditions to find out what their information policies are.
- Service Providers: We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and this Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, order fulfillment and sweepstake administration. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes.
- Ad Networks: We may have relationships with Ad Networks to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. Using cookies and pixel tags, Ad Networks collect anonymous information about your visits to our web site and other web sites in order to deliver advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. This process does not involve the collection of any personally identifiable information. The Ad Networks do not know your name, phone number, address, email address or any personally identifiable information. To find out more about how the networks manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online and how to opt-out of information collection by these networks please go to: http://www.youradchoices.com or http://www.networkadvertising.org. We do not operate or control these sites, and are not responsible for the opt-out choices available there.
- Other Disclosures: Personally identifiable information of any individual user may be shared with other companies outside of Cup4Cup only when permitted by law, in the event of a transfer of ownership, assets or a bankruptcy of Cup4Cup, if we determine that disclosure of specific information is necessary to comply with the request of a law enforcement or regulatory agency or other legal process, or to protect the interests or safety of Cup4Cup or other visitors to this Site.
- User Generated Content Functions: This Site enables users to submit their own content in “Challenges” and other functions on the Site. Please remember that any information you disclose in connection with a submission becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in a submission. Cup4Cup cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate these Terms and Conditions, the law or your personal privacy and safety and is not responsible for the results of such postings.
- Sweepstakes, Contests etc.: We may operate sweepstakes, contests, raffles and similar promotions through the Site that may require online registration. We typically ask you for certain personally identifiable information when you enter and, if applicable, win a sweepstake, contest, raffle or similar promotion. We may share this information with third-party sponsors of such sweepstakes, contests, raffles and promotions (irrespective of whether it is hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such sweepstakes, contests, raffles or promotions. You should carefully review the rules of each sweepstake, contest, raffle and promotion that you participate in through the Cup4Cup site, as they may contain additional important information about Cup4Cup’s or a sponsor’s use of your information. Insofar as the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of your personally identifiable information conflict with our terms, the terms and conditions of such rules may override our Terms and Conditions.
Links and Third Parties’ Privacy Practices
This Site may contain links to other sites that are not operated by Cup4Cup.
CUP4CUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OR THE CONTENT OF SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING WEBSITES OPERATED BY AFFILIATED ENTITIES.
Security of Information
To protect your privacy and personal information, this Site has security measures in place to mitigate loss, misuse or alteration of personal information under its control. Cup4Cup employs security measures consistent with standard industry practice to help protect against public access to personally identifiable and account activity information collected on and used by the Cup4Cup website. For example, access to our databases with personally identifiable information is logged for security purposes and access is limited to key personnel. Personal information and account activity are also protected through the use of user names and passwords. In order to help maintain the security of your information, you should keep your user name and password confidential.
This Site gives you several options for reviewing, correcting, updating or otherwise modifying information you have previously provided. You may make changes and updates on the account profile page (e.g., MyAccount, etc.), use the contact us form on the website, call (707) 754-4263 Monday through Friday 8am – 4pm PT or send mail to Cup4Cup Consumer Relations, 6540 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599
*Please note: Changes may not be effective immediately. In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or clearly indicate that you wish to have your personally identifiable information removed from our database. We will work hard to comply with your request as soon as possible. Note that despite any request for removal of or change to personally identifiable information, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed. We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of the site for important administrative purposes. Finally, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including without limitation our third party service providers or strategic partners) with whom we have already shared your personally identifiable information of any changes requested by you.
Updates to Terms & Conditions
Cup4Cup reserves the right to amend our Terms and Conditions. These changes will take effect immediately upon posting. For your convenience, the last revision date will be posted at the top of this page. By continuing to use the Cup4Cup website after such changes, you signify that you are in agreement with revisions to our Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with the terms, please cease use of the Cup4Cup website.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of California, USA. They are governed without regard to choice of law provisions.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or the practices of this Site, please contact us.
Cup4Cup Consumer Relations
6540 Washington Street Yountville, CA 94599
(707) 754-4263 Monday through Friday 8am – 4pm PT
Updated October 14, 2014