FOR THE CAKE:
1 Pouch Cup4Cup Yellow Cake Mix
1 ¼ cups whole milk
¾ cups vegetable oil
4 large eggs
FOR VANILLA FROSTING (for Chocolate Frosting, see below):
1 ¼ cups room temperature unsalted butter
¼ teaspoon salt
5 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons room temperature milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Pull out milk and eggs
- Oil and line pan with parchment paper if using a cake pan.
- In a large bowl whisk room temperature eggs, milk, and oil together until combined.
- Add Cup4Cup cake mix, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into oiled and parchment lined pan.
- Place cake in oven, and bake 35-40 minutes. Let Cool.
FOR VANILLA FROSTING (for Chocolate Frosting: remove 3/4 cup sugar and add 3/4 cup cocoa powder):
- Make Frosting: Using a mixer, cream together butter and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy, approximately 1 minute on medium low speed.
- While mixing on low speed, add vanilla extract, milk, salt, and cocoa powder (if making chocolate frosting).
- When all ingredients are incorporated, mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Stop and scrape down sides, and continue mixing on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Frost Cake or Cupcakes.
- 9 inch cake round and 9×13 inch cake pans. Bake cupcakes for 25-30 minutes.