Yield: Aabout 2 dozen cookies
½ cup (110 g) coconut oil, at room temperature
1 cup (220 g) muscovado or dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (210 g) Cup4Cup Wholesome Flour
½ teaspoon (2.5 g) baking soda
1 teaspoon (2 g) kosher salt
1 cup (100 g) old-fashioned gluten free oats
¼ cup (26 g) ground flaxseeds
½ cup (35 g) unsweetened large coconut flakes
½ cup (100 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips or nuts
- Mix together Wholesome flour, baking soda, salt, oats and flaxseeds; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together coconut oil and muscovado sugar on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to the bowl and mix until combined. Add in coconut and chocolate chips and mix on low until well combined.
- Refrigerate dough for at least one hour.
- Scoop dough using a 1-ounce cookie scoop. Place dough onto parchment lined sheet trays about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Cool trail mix cookies on trays. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.