4 cups Wholesome Cup4Cup Flour
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold, cut into ½-inch cubes
1 1/2 cups buttermilk + 1 to 2 tablespoons for brushing
2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Using a whisk or food processor, combine all dry ingredients together and mix until well blended.
3. Be sure butter is very cold. Using a food processor, add in the cold butter and pulse until it is incorporated into the dough and it resembles pea-sized shapes. If you do not have a food processor, use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut in the butter.
4. Place this mixture into a bowl. Using a fork slowly mix in the buttermilk until the dough is formed into a lumpy ball. The dough will be loose. Do not over mix.
5. Take the loose dough and wrap it in clear plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Using additional flour as needed, roll out the dough to 1 inch thick.
7. Take a round cutter and cut the dough, place cut out shapes onto parchment lined baking sheets. Brush on buttermilk to the tops of the biscuits to ensure a golden brown top.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush hot biscuits with melted butter and serve warm.