Yield: 12 scones
2 cups (280g) Cup4Cup Wholesome Flour
½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon (5g) baking powder
½ teaspoon (2.5g) baking soda
½ teaspoon (2.5g) kosher salt
½ cup (110g) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
½ cup (121g) full-fat plain yogurt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
1 teaspoon (2g) orange or lemon zest, finely grated (optional)
1 cup fresh (165g) blueberries
Coarse sugar for sanding
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together Wholesome flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut cold butter into the flour mixture until the mix resembles coarse cornmeal. Add blueberries and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, egg, vanilla, and zest. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients. Using a fork, mix until the dough comes together.
- Wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using extra Cup4Cup as needed, roll out the dough to about 1-inch thick. Cut the dough into 12 even pieces. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle coarse sugar over the tops, if desired.
- Bake the blueberry scones for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.