1 1/4 cups (175g) Cup4Cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoon (3.2g) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) kosher salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon (6g) vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) vegetable oil
1/2 cup (127g) buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine Cup4Cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to combine.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the eggs and beat for about 10-20 seconds. Add in sugar and beat on medium for about 30 seconds. Add in vanilla & vegetable oil and mix.
5. Reduce mixer speed to low, slowly add in half of the flour mixture. Add in half the buttermilk, then the other half of the flour and combine. Then add in the rest of the buttermilk and beat until just combined. The batter will be thick.
6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Spoon batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each one about ½-way full.
7. Bake cupcakes in oven for about 12-14 minutes and until cooked through.
8. Cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
9. Frost cooled cupcakes with your choice of frosting.
If you do not have buttermilk use ½ cup milk plus ½ tsp lemon juice or white vinegar. Add the lemon juice/vinegar acid to the milk. Set aside for 5 minutes before using.
Fresh Raspberry Buttercream
1 ¼ cups unsalted butter (room temperature)
5 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
¼ cup Fresh raspberries (blended and strained)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
Instructions:Mix butter and sugar in mixer with paddle attachment until smooth and creamy, approximately 1 minute.
- Add in raspberry, vanilla, and salt. Paddle on medium speed for 1 minute, scrape down sides, and continue mixing for 3 minutes.