Yield: Two 12” pizzas
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Bake Time: 8-12 Minutes
- 3 cups (420 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
- ½ packet (4 g) Instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon (17 g) Granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons (14 g) Kosher salt
- 1/3 + 1/8 cup (100 g) Water, warm
- 1/3 + 1/8 cup (100 g) Whole milk, warm
- 1 Large (50g) eggs
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) Olive oil
- Vegetable oil spray
Item 2 (if necessary)
- ½ cup (125 g) Cup4Cup Pizza Sauce
- ½ pound (227 g) Grated low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Choice of your favorite toppings
- Preheat your oven to 475°F. If you own a pizza stone, place it on the bottom rack of the oven.
- In an electric stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, water, and oil until it’s homogeneous.
- On low speed, stream the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Once fully incorporated, stop the mixer and scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Spray pizza pan(s) heavily with vegetable oil spray.
- In the bowl, shape the dough into a ball with a rubber spatula, split in half, then transfer each half to the center of the oiled pizza pans. If you are only making one 12” pizza, then you can freeze half the dough in an oiled sealable plastic bag.
- Spray the dough liberally with vegetable oil spray and then lay a sheet of plastic wrap over the dough. This will help prevent the dough from sticking to your hands or tools while pressing it out.
- Using a flat bottomed, cylindrical object, such a coffee mug or smaller cake pan shape the dough to the pan about 1/4” thick. Press down with the cylinder in the center and spread the dough from the center out and form a small crust.
- Proof in a warm humid area of the kitchen for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Spread the sauce then cover with cheese and your choice of toppings. Place the pizza pan on the pizza stone and bake for 8-12 minutes.