For the Filling:
3 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
3 1/2 cups rhubarb, sliced in 1/2-inch thick
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup Cup4Cup flour
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tbsp water (egg wash)
1 tablespoon coarse sugar
For the Crust:
Use recipe for Grandma’s Pie Crust
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sliced strawberries and rhubarb.
3. Add in the sugar, lemon juice, Cup4Cup flour and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
4. Place the fruit mixture in a pie dish lined with half of the rolled out pie dough.
5. Dot the top of the filling with the cut butter evenly.
6. Taking the other half of the pie dough cover the pie crust. Use a full crust, or cut into strips and make a lattice top. Crimp the edges together.
7. Egg wash the top and lightly sprinkle the coarse sugar on top.
8. Bake for 40-60 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Cool for at least 1-2 hours before slicing into. Enjoy!