Yield: 18 cupcakes
1 2/3 cup (233 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 ½ teaspoon (5.5 g) baking powder
1 teaspoon (2.5 g) kosher salt
½ teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
2 teaspoons (4 g) cinnamon
1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger
¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) nutmeg
¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) ground clove
1 cup (270 g) pumpkin puree
1 cup (200 g) vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup (266 g ) granulated sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick (112 g) unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
For Pumpkin Brittle:
2 tablespoons sugar
½ cup raw pepitas or pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- Combine all wet ingredients in separate bowl and whisk.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture until well incorporated.
- Scoop into lined cupcake pans and bake for 30-40 minutes and until they spring back when pressed.
- For the pumpkin seed brittle, add the sugar to a dry pan and heat over medium-high heat. Caramelize the sugar in the pan until it is reddish brown in color. Add butter and pumpkin seeds, swirling to incorporate. Remove from heat. Spread pumpkin seed mixture onto a lined sheet pan and cool until it is set.
- For the cream cheese frosting, beat butter and cream cheese together in a stand mixer on medium-high until light, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract on low speed, then beat in powdered sugar until well combined. Beat mixture on high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Top muffins with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of the pumpkin seed brittle.