For the Streusel:
½ cup (110 g) brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup (47 g) Cup4Cup Flour
1 ½ teaspoons (3 g) ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons (55 g) unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
For the Cake:
1 ½ cups (210 g) Cup4Cup Flour
1 teaspoon (3 g) baking powder
½ teaspoon (2 g) kosher salt
½ teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2/3 cup (160 g) sour cream
1 ½ teaspoons ( 7 g) vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
½ cup (55 g) powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon (1 g) vanilla extract
2 – 3 teaspoons sour cream, heavy cream or milk
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8” x 8” square pan with cooking spray.
2. For the streusel, mix ½ cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour and the cinnamon in a medium bowl. Cut in 4 tablespoons cold butter using pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly and sandy. Mix in the chopped nuts, if desired. Place in the refrigerator until needed.
3. For the cake, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla extract, mixing until combined. Last, add in the flour mixture on low speed and mix until just combined. The batter will be thick.
5. Spread half of batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle about 3/4 cup streusel mixture over the batter. Drop remaining batter over the streusel, spreading carefully to create a mostly even layer. Sprinkle remaining streusel on top.
6. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool at least 30 minutes before cutting.
7. For the glaze, add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract into a small bowl. Add in 2 teaspoons of sour cream and mix until smooth. It should be thin enough to drizzle. If not, add more sour cream. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake. Cut and serve.