Soft, chewy and cinnamon-scented
Yield: About 4 dozen cookies
1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cup (300g) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
3 cups (420g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
½ teaspoon (2g) baking soda
1 teaspoon (2g) cream of tartar
3 tablespoons (38g) granulated sugar, for rolling
3 tablespoons (18g) ground cinnamon, for rolling
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together the butter ad sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl and mix the eggs in on medium speed. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix on low to just combine.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate until firm, about 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- Scoop the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Roll each dough ball in your hands to smooth, and then roll in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Place onto baking sheets lined with parchment, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, cookies will be crackled on top. Cool on wire racks.