Yield: 24 muffins
For the Muffins:
1 15-ounce can (425 g) pumpkin puree
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (210 g) vegetable oil
2/3 cup (156 g) water
3 cups (600 g) granulated sugar
3 1/2 cups (490 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
2 teaspoons (8 g) baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons (7 g) kosher salt
1 teaspoon (2 g) ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon (2 g) ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon (1 g) ground cloves
For the Topping:
1/2 cup (100 g) gluten free rolled oats
2 tablespoons (28 g) brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons (28 g) butter, cold
¼ cup (35 g) pepitas or pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two muffin pans with paper baking liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- For the topping, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter and pepitas. Mix together well until sandy and crumbly.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each about ¾ full. Sprinkle the topping on each muffin.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.