Yield: 12 muffins
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 pouch Cup4Cup Muffin Mix
½ cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp butter
6oz. canned pumpkin puree
1 tbsp pumpkin spice
¼ cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas
For the Topping:
1/2 cup (100 g) gluten free rolled oats
2 tablespoons (28 g) brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons (28 g) butter, cold
¼ cup (35 g) pepitas or pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove ½ cup of mix and reserve for a future recipe. (This recipe doesn’t call for a streusel topping, the normal use for this 1/2 cup of additional mix.)
- Whisk eggs, milk, and oil in large mixing bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and whisk together with wet ingredients.
- Add remaining muffin mix and whisk just to incorporate.
- For the topping, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter and pepitas in a separate bowl. Mix together well until crumbly.
- Portion batter into lined muffin tin using a 2oz. scoop or ¼ measuring cup.
- Sprinkle the topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.