1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Cup4Cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Set aside but keep warm.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs and both sugars together on high until the mixture is thick and pale in color, about 6-8 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and the pumpkin puree. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
4. Next, sift in half of the flour mixture and fold it in using a rubber spatula gently so as to not deflate the eggs. Then sift in the remaining flour mixture and gently fold it in.
5. Pour the melted butter into a separate bowl. Add in about 1 cup of the batter and fold it into the warm butter. Then add in the remaining batter and fold it in. The batter will be very thick.
6. Refrigerate the batter for a minimum of an hour or up to overnight.
7. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Brush the madeleine molds with melted butter. Freeze molds until the butter has hardened. Scoop about a generous tablespoon into each well.
8. Bake for about 8-12 minutes, until the edges are golden and the centers spring back when pressed.
9. Remove the madeleines immediately from the pans and cool on a wire rack.
10. Dust madeleine cookies with powdered sugar before serving.