Yield: 1 large loaf
For Pumpkin Bread:
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
3 large eggs
1 ¾ cups (350 g) granulated sugar
1 cup (215 g) vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons (6 g) vanilla extract
2 cups (280 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour
¼ cup (25 g) ground golden flaxseed
¼ teaspoon (1 g) baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 g) baking soda
1 teaspoon (5 g) kosher salt
1 teaspoon (4 g) ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon (1 g) ground ginger
¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) ground cardamom
1/8 teaspoon (0.2 g) ground nutmeg
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (115 g) powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2 g) vanilla paste or extract
1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray one large loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar and oil until well incorporated. Then stir in pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and nutmeg.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar in two additions. Beat in vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cooled pumpkin bread and top with toasted walnuts, if desired.