Yield: 8- 13” Pizzas
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 28 oz. can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes with juice, pulsed
1/3 cup tomato paste
¾ cup yellow onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons whole butter or olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2t Kosher Salt
1 pinch chili flake
- Heat 12 inch rondeau or sauté pan on medium heat, add butter and garlic, and allow garlic to toast, approximately 30-45 seconds. Mix garlic into oil with spatula while toasting.
- Add onion and salt, allow to sweat for approximately 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato paste, mix in, and allow to cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add pulsed tomatoes (pulsed in food processor or blender) and juice; add in oregano and chili flakes at this stage. Allow to slowly simmer, on medium low heat, for approximately 20 minutes
- Finish with chopped basil.
- Freeze reaming sauce for future pizza making.