Show some love with a pizookie. This pizza-cookie hybrid is delicious by itself, but even better served warm topped with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Yield: One 10-inch pizookie
½ cup (112 g) unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons (25 g) granulated sugar
1 cup (220 g) dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups (245 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
½ teaspoon (2 g) salt
¼ teaspoon (1 g) baking soda
1 1/3 cups (226 g) chocolate chips or chunks
Sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars until very light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture. Mix on medium speed until combined. Add the flour mixture. Mix on low speed until just combined. Fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Scoop the dough into the prepared cake pan. Press the dough into the pan to create an even layer. Top with sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes and until the cookie is golden brown around the edges and cooked in the center. Please note that dark-metal pans will cook faster than light-metal pans. Start checking to see if it’s done after 20 minutes.
- Cool the cookie to room temperature. Or, cool for 10-15 minutes and serve warm with ice cream or your favorite toppings.