1 1/2 cups Cup4Cup flour
1 1/2 cups instant potato buds
1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
1 tablespoon kosher salt
3 large eggs
1. In a food processor, blend potato flakes to the consistency of flour.
2. Combine potato flour, Cup4Cup flour, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, blend egg, and crème fraîche together.
4. Turn the food processor on and slowly incorporate liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Process until dough begins to form.
5. Place dough onto floured wooden board and knead with additional flour if needed until dough comes together smoothly.
6. Tightly wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour.
7. Dust a clean wooden cutting board with additional Cup4Cup flour. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
8. Cut into 3-inch rounds using a round cutter and place a small spoonful of filling into the center of each round.
9. Moisten the edges with water, fold over and press together with a fork to seal or crimp with your fingertips, avoid retaining any air pockets. Be sure that the edges are firmly sealed.
10. Bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt. Place prepared pierogi into water and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes. Place boiled pierogi onto a pan, sprayed with vegetable oil.
11. In a sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat. Add in the pierogi. Cook and brown the sides of the pierogi until golden and crisp.
12. Serve pierogi with caramelized onions and whipped crème fraîche and top with chives.