1 3/4 cups +1 1/2 teaspoons (250g) Cup4Cup Flour
3/4 cup (80g) coarsely chopped pecans
6 ounces (170g) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup + 1 3/4 teaspoons (90g) powdered sugar
Additional powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Toss the flour and the pecans together in a bowl.
3. Place butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat butter on medium-low speed until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
4. Add in the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Divide the dough into 1 ½ tablespoon portions (30g). Roll each one into a ball and place on the baking sheets about 1 ½ inches apart. Press each ball into a 2 inch disk.
6. Bake until pale golden brown for about 22-25 minutes. Reverse the position of the pans halfway through baking.
7. Cool cookies on the pan for about 5 minutes. Using a metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Dust the tops of the cookies with powdered sugar.