Yield: 12 chicken tenders
12 chicken tenders (if you can’t find chicken tenders cut 4 chicken breasts into 3 strips)
3 cups Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons cayenne
2 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoons black pepper
2 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Cup4Cup flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Divide this mixture into two shallow baking dishes.
- Pour the buttermilk into a third shallow baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Set up your dipping station from left to right: the chicken pieces, one dish of coating, one dish of buttermilk, the second dish of coating.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons of oil onto the prepared baking tray and use a brush to spread it evenly.
- To coat the chicken, dip and fully coat a piece in the first dish of coating, shake off excess. Then dip it into the buttermilk, let excess buttermilk drip off, and dip into the second dish of coating and coat well. Remove the piece from bowl and do not shake off excess coating. Place it onto prepared baking tray, leaving about an inch of space in between each strip. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray and place in the oven. Bake for about 12 minutes, then turn, spray and bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. The total baking time should be between 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.