Yield: 24 cookies
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 ¼ cups butter
1 ¾ cups dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 tablespoon vanilla paste (or extract)
3 cups Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
3 cups toasted chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter.
- Add both sugars to electric mixer and paddle on medium-low speed. Slowly incorporate hot butter, and paddle until homogeneous.
- While mixture is still hot, add egg and vanilla paste and paddle on medium speed for 3-5 minutes. Mixture will become light and airy.
- Separately whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to mixer, and paddle on low until just combined. Scrape down sides and add in oats and pecans. Paddle again until evenly incorporated.
- For better results, make dough 24 hours in advance, but it can be used immediately.
- Portion with 2-ounce scoop, and place portions 5 inches apart. Press down slightly to make a “puck” shape and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookie to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to plate.