Yield: One 9” x 9” pan
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
¾ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick 9” x 9” pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl mix together the Cup4Cup flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and mix on low until a dough is formed.
- Place half of the dough into the bottom the baking dish and use your fingers to spread it out into an even layer. Spread the Nutella evenly over the top. Take the remaining dough and scoop it by the tablespoon to cover most of the Nutella. Spaces of Nutella between the dough are ok.
- Bake for 30 minutes until baked through and light golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature, cut into squares and serve. (Tip: Refrigerating the bars for about an hour makes them easier to cut.)
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate (http://picky-palate.com/2015/07/22/nutella-butter-cookie-bars/)