Yield: TWO 13-INCH PIZZA CRUSTS
FOR PIZZA CRUST
1 pouch (507 g) Cup4Cup Pizza Crust Mix
1 cup warm water (95°F)
1 large egg
1 packet (7g) active dry yeast
Olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 500°F with pizza stone on middle rack.
- 1 egg at room temperature.
- Pour contents of Cup4Cup Pizza Mix into a large bowl. Remove ½ cup of flour and reserve in separate container. Add yeast packet to first container, stir to evenly distribute.
- In separate mixing bowl whisk room temperature egg with (95°F) warm water. Using fork, mix water and egg mixture in with flour until all dry mix has been moistened. The mixture should form a ball of dough.
- Wrap dough ball tightly in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide evenly into two balls. Working with the first dough ball, using flour from the reserved ½ cup, lightly dust your hands and work surface. Shape the dough, using your fingertips, into a 13 inch circle, lifting the dough often and re-dusting to prevent sticking.
- Transfer the dough to a dusted pizza peel to prevent sticking and add desired toppings. Brush the crust with oil to help browning. Transfer to pre heated pizza stone or desired cooking surface.
- Bake on center rack for 8-12 minutes or until pizza is golden brown on surface.