Our peach upside down cake captures summer’s deliciousness! It also works beautifully with fresh or canned pineapple instead of the peaches.
Yield: 1 large cake
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45-55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
1 pouch Cup4Cup Yellow Cake Mix
3 medium-sized, ripe peaches, sliced
3 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
3/4 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon dark rum
1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
¼ teaspoon vanilla paste
¼ teaspoon salt
1. For schmear combine all ingredients in mixing bowl, mix on low until fully incorporated, reserve.
2. Follow instructions for yellow cake mix, substituting butter for oil.
3. Spread schmear inside large 12 inch cake pan, or 9×13 pan
4. Arrange peach slices evenly on top of schmear.
5. Pour cake mix directly on top of peaches, and place in 325°F oven
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until firm in center.
7. Run knife around perimeter of cake, and carefully invert onto serving platter.