Yield: One 5 1/2 Qt Boule
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Bake Time: 50-60 min
Total Time: 5 1/2 hours
2 pouch Cup4Cup Multigrain Bread Mix
4 large eggs (room temperature)
3 1/3 cups water (110°F)
2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 perfect rise yeast packet (provided)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Oil a 5 1/2 QT round Dutch oven.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vinegar in bowl of mixer with paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds to break up eggs.
- Add yeast and water mixture to bowl, and mix again to combine.
- Add Cup4Cup Multigrain Bread Mix to bowl and mix on low until fully combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl as well as paddle, and continue to mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to the oiled Dutch oven. Use spatula to spread dough evenly in pot. Finish with a wet spatula to smooth out entire surface.
- Cover with lid, and allow to rise in a warm spot for 60 to 90 minutes. Mixture should be even with top of Dutch oven before placing in oven.
- When dough has fully risen and is even with or slightly above the top of the Dutch oven, remove lid, place in the oven, and cook for 50-60 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 205°F.
- Remove bread from the oven. Immediately remove loaf from Dutch oven and place on a wire rack. Allow to cool fully (approximately 3 hours) before slicing.
This recipe was created for a 5 ½ QT Round Dutch Oven.