Yield: One 2 3/4 Qt Boule
Degree of difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Bake Time: 50-60 min
Total Time: 5 1/2 hours
1 pouch Cup4Cup Multigrain Bread Mix
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 2/3 cups water (110°F)
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 perfect rise yeast packet (provided)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Oil Le Creuset Signature 2 ¾ QT Cast-Iron Round Dutch Oven.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs, oil, and vinegar in bowl of mixer with paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds to break up eggs.
- Add yeast and water mixture to bowl, and mix again to combine.
- Add Cup4Cup Multigrain Bread Mix to bowl and mix on low until fully combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl as well as paddle, and continue to mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to well-oiled Le Creuset pan. Use spatula to spread dough evenly in pan. Finish with a wet spatula to smooth out entire surface.
- Cover with lid, and allow to rise in a warm spot for 45-60 minutes. Mixture should be even with top of pan before placing in oven.
- When dough has fully risen and is even with or slightly above the top of the pan, remove lid, place in the oven, and cook for 50-60 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 205°F.
- Remove bread from the oven. Immediately remove loaf from pan and place on a wire rack. Allow to cool fully (approximately 3 hours) before slicing.
This recipe can be doubled for use in Le Creuset Signature 5 ½ QT Cast-Iron Round Dutch Oven.