This dessert is simple and easy. We used a mixture of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries in this recipe but feel free to substitute in any type of berry, fresh or frozen. We prefer to serve it warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream. For a diary free option, replace the butter in the topping with an equal amount of room temperature coconut oil and serve with your favorite dairy free ice cream.
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
For the Filling:
4 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries of your choice
½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 g) vanilla extract
3 tablespoons (26 g) Cup4Cup Wholesome Flour
For the Topping:
¾ cup (105 g) Cup4Cup Wholesome Flour
1 cup (110 g) gluten free rolled oats
½ cup (110 g) brown sugar
¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
½ teaspoon (1 g) ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon (1 g) kosher salt
½ cup (110 g) unsalted butter, cold & cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch round or square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, ½ cup sugar, vanilla extract, and 3 tablespoons of Wholesome Flour. Toss to coat all of the berries evenly. Set aside.
- For the topping, place the Wholesome Flour, oats, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, mix the butter into the dry mixture until the butter is thoroughly mixed in and the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Place the berry mixture into the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the berry mixture.
- Bake until bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 35 – 40 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for 10 – 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream.