1 ½ cup + 3 tablespoons Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
15 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
Half-gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes and until the ice cream becomes pliable. Line a 9” x 13” pan that is at least 1-inch deep with parchment paper. Transfer the ice cream to a pan and spread it into an even smooth layer that is about ¾ to 1 inch thick. Freeze the tray until the ice cream is very firm and set.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine Cup4Cup flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Turn stand mixer on to a medium-low speed and add butter in a few spoonfuls at a time. The mixture will be dry and sandy at first but eventually the dough will come together.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each half between 2 pieces of parchment paper or saran wrap to 1/8 inch thickness. Chill the rolled out dough until firm for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Line 2 baking sheets with either parchment or silicone baking mats.
- Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut out desired shapes out of the chilled rolled out dough.
- Place the cut out pieces about ½-inch apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through baking. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool baked cookies completely.
- To assemble, remove the pan of ice cream from the freezer. Take a cooled cookie and turn it upside down. Using the same round cutter used to cut the cookies, cut out a disc of the ice cream. If the ice cream is very stiff, use hot water to warm the cookie cutter before cutting. Place the disc onto the upside down cookie and sandwich a second cookie on top to create an ice cream sandwich.
- Place the sandwich on a tray and put it into the freezer immediately. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Freeze until the ice cream is firm again, about 1 -2 hours. Then wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap and place into an airtight container. You may freeze them for up to 1 month.