½ cup (133g) unsalted butter, browned and still warm
2 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
½ cup (110g) granulated sugar
2/3 cup (94g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 teaspoon (3g) vanilla paste or extract
Lemon zest (1 lemon)
1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- Mix the eggs, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fit with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium high speed until the eggs are full volume, they will have about doubled in size.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- If your brown butter has hardened, melt it, and keep it warm.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour mixture to the egg mixture by hand. Folding only until the flour is just incorporated. Add the warm brown butter and lemon zest, folding until just incorporated. Transfer the batter to a piping bag.
- Butter and flour a madeleine mold. Pipe the madeleine batter into the mold filling each ¾ full. Tap the filled mold against the countertop a few times to release any large air bubbles.
- Bake in reheated 350F oven until lightly golden brown. Unmold immediately.