Enjoy a scoop of your favorite ice cream between our crispy, dark cocoa cookies.
Yield: 8 sandwich cookies
Degree of difficulty: easy
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Bake Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 1 HOUR 50 minutes
1 ½ cups (215g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
2/3 cup (65g) Cocoa Powder
½ cup (100g) Sugar
½ tsp (2.5g) Salt
12 ½ TBSP (178g) Butter (softened)
8 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (or any other flavor of your choice)
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fit with a paddle attachment. Turn to medium-low speed and cream until smooth. Add the sugar and salt and mix on medium speed until fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 additions mixing on low speed for 15-30 seconds after each. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the flour has been incorporated.
- Mound the dough on a work surface and push together in a 5-inch square block, wrap in plastic, and refrigerated for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Unwrap the dough and place it between 2 pieces of parchment paper. With a rolling pin, pound the top of the dough, working from left to right, to begin to flatten it, then turn the dough 90 degrees and repeat. Roll the dough out to about 3/16- inch thick. Using a 3.5-inch fluted or round cutter, cut 16 disks from the dough. If necessary, put the trimmings together, and reroll and cut for a total of 16 disks. If the dough becomes warm place back in the refrigerator before re-rolling and cutting.
- Place the disks on a backing sheet, leaving space between each round.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool the cookies completely.
- Scoop the ice cream onto eight of the cookies then place the other cookie on top. Lightly press the top cookie to spread the ice cream edge to edge.
- Freeze the sandwiches and serve when ready to eat.