Yield: 6 large biscuits
2 cups (280 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons (4.5 g) kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons (5 g) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
¼ pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into ½-inch cubes
3/4 cup (1 80 g) buttermilk + 1 to 2 tablespoons for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients using a fork or your fingers until it resembles pea-sized shapes.
4. Pour the buttermilk into the bowl. Slowly mix in the buttermilk using a fork until the dough forms into a lumpy ball. The dough should be loose. Do not over mix.
5. Wrap the loose dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Using additional flour as needed, roll out the dough to a slab approximately 1 ½-inches thick.
7. Cut the dough into 6 pieces using a round cookie cutter. Place cut out shapes onto baking sheet. Brush on buttermilk to the tops of the biscuits to ensure a golden brown top.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.