Serve these grissini with drinks or to accompany soups, salads or your favorite Italian meal.
Yield: Approximately 50 Grissini
For the Dough:
1 pouch Cup4Cup Pizza Crust Mix
1 yeast packet (included in the Pizza Crust Mix)
1 cup warm water
For the Grissini:
Sesame seeds, Poppy seeds, Fennel seeds etc. (optional)
Coarse sea salt such as Fleur de Sel
3 cloves garlic, very finely minced
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the Cup4Cup Pizza Crust Mix with the yeast packet in a large bowl. Add the water and egg and mix together with a fork. The dough will be crumbly.
- Knead the dough into a smooth ball.
- Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- While the dough is in the refrigerator, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Dust tour work surface liberally with Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour.
- Dust the dough with more multipurpose flour and roll it out into a rectangle until it’s about 3/8 inch thick and 10 inches wide (the length is not important)
- Use a chef’s knife or pizza wheel to cut the dogh into 3/8 inch wide strips about 10 inches long.
- Carefully pick up the strips and transfer them to a couple making sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Loosely cover the sheets with plastic wrap and place in a warm area to proof for about 30 minutes.
- Beat an egg with a pinch of salt.
- Lightly brush the strips of dough with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle your favorite seed topping over the dough then lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the grissini are brown and crisp.
- While the grissini are baking combine the garlic and olive oil and leave out at room temperature.
- Remove the grissini from the oven then brush them with the garlic oil and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container or plastic bag.