For the Cake:
1 3/4 cups Cup4Cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 stick (1/4 pound) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, left at room temperature for 30 minutes
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
For Whipped Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour one 1.5-pound loaf pan.
2. Sift together Cup4Cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. Beat together 1 stick butter and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each, and then beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add half of flour mixture, and mix until just blended. Add sour cream, mixing until just combined, then add remaining flour and mix until smooth. Batter will be very thick.
4. Evenly spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until cake is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 min. to 1 hour.
5. Cool cake in the pan for 30 minutes. Then remove from the pan and place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. While cake is cooling, whip cream to soft peaks, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Preheat barbeque to medium-high heat. Slice the loaf into 8-10 slices and spread both sides of each slice with the butter. Grill on both sides until lightly browned.
8. Remove cake slices from the grill and serve topped with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.