3 cups Cup4Cup flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup butter, cubed and cold
1 large egg
1/2 cup cold buttermilk
1. Place all dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse to evenly distribute. (Or if you do not have a food processor, place dry ingredients into a large bowl.)
2. Add the cold, cubed butter to the flour mixture, pulsing. (Or use a pastry cutter or fork to cut butter into the dry ingredients.)
3. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Place mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
5. Combine the egg and the buttermilk together in a small bowl.
6. Create a well in the flour mixture, gradually whisk in the egg mixture with a fork.
7. Mix the dough until it forms a ball.
8. Allow dough to rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Cut the dough in half. Using extra Cup4Cup flour for dusting a flat surface, roll out one portion and drape to fit the contours of a pie dish.
NOTE: Recipe yields 2 pie crusts. Use remaining portion for an additional pie or drape over a filled pie plate and decorate. Fill with your favorite pie filling, sweet or savory.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 350˚F.
*For blind-baking the crust: Pierce the bottom of the crust all over with a fork. Bake 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
*For baking a pie with a filling: bake for about 45 min to 1 hour or until golden-brown depending upon your pie and the oven.