1 pouch Cup4Cup Chocolate Brownie Mix
3 large eggs
3 large egg yolks
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 2 heart-shapes stencils out of construction paper to a size that fits within the diameter of the ramekins; set aside. (These will be used as a stencil when topping the finished cakes with powdered sugar.)
2. Place brownie mix in a large bowl. Add in eggs, yolks, butter or coconut oil and boiling water. Whisk to incorporate well and so there are no lumps.
3. Spray 10 4-ounce ramekins with non-stick pan spray. Scoop batter into the ramekins about 2/3 of the way up. Place ramekins onto a baking tray.
4. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 8-12 minutes, just until the outside of the cakes are set but the center is still gooey. The cakes will have risen. To check the cakes, tap on the top of them with your index finger, when tapped the cakes should jiggle in the center.
5. Remove lava cakes from the oven. Working quickly, place a paper stencils on top of one cake. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake. Carefully remove the paper stencil to reveal the heart shape. Repeat with the other cakes. Serve immediately when warm.