These ginger-scented cookies are crispy on the outside, but chewy on the inside.
½ cup (112g) unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar
1 cup (220g) dark brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons (22g) unsulphured molasses
1 teaspoon (5g) vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups (245g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
¼ teaspoon (1g) baking soda
½ teaspoon (2g) kosher salt
2 teaspoons (4g) ground ginger
½ teaspoon (1g) ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon (0.2g) ground cloves
½ cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter with both sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix in the egg on medium speed. Add in the molasses and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Add this mixture to the stand mixer and mix on low until just combined.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop cookie dough and form into rounded balls with your hands. Roll each dough ball in the granulated sugar to coat. Place dough balls onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes and until the cookie are crackled and are just starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Cool cookies on wire racks. Store cookies in an airtight container.