For the Crust:
1 bag of Cup4Cup Pizza Crust Mix
1 cup warm water
For Topping One Pizza Crust:
1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
8 oz. ball fresh mozzarella, slided into 1/4-inch slices
Mini bell peppers, sliced into 1/8-inch rings
10 mini eggplant, cut in half (or 1 med. sized eggplant, diced)
12 cherry tomatoes, whole
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Fresh basil leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Follow steps 1 through 7 on the back of pizza package to form the dough and prebake the crust.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Once the oil is smoking, add in eggplant. Sauté until eggplant turns golden brown and is soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan, season with salt and set aside.
3. Top the prebaked crust with the sauce, using the back of a spoon to spread the sauce evenly over the crust.
4. Then top with the fresh mozzarella, bell pepper slices, sautéed eggplant, tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
5. Transfer pizza to a pizza stone or place directly on the oven rack. Cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh basil leaves over the top.
7. Slice and enjoy!