Yield: One 9 x 9 baking dish
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (300 g) Cup4Cup Wholesome flour
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (300 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour
¼ ounce (7g) instant dried yeast
2 ¼ teaspoon (14 g) kosher salt
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons (25 g) sugar
2 ¼ cups carbonated water
½ cup olive oil
Maldon salt or other coarse salt, for finishing
Coarsely Chopped rosemary for finishing
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a stand mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Paddle until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Add the water then paddle on lowest speed just until all the ingredients come together, and no lumps of flour remain. Scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour ¼ cup of olive oil in the bottom of a 9” X 9” baking dish.
- Transfer the dough to the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Allow the dough to proof in a warm humid area of the kitchen for 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- While the focaccia is proofing, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- After the focaccia has proofed, wet your fingers and press dimples randomly into the surface of the dough.
- Pour the remaining ¼ cup of olive oil over the top surface of the dough.
- Place the focaccia in the center of the oven. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the focaccia is a deep golden brown color with crisp edges.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped rosemary and Maldon salt.
- Cool until warm before cutting into desired portions.