1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups Cup4Cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries,
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream together the butter and both sugars until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes on high speed using a stand mixer.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until incorporated.
4. Whisk together all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add to the wet ingredients. Mix on low speed until just combined.
5. Fold in white chocolate, pistachios, macadamia nuts, and dried cherries.
6. Scrape dough onto a 12-inch sheet of parchment paper or wax paper. Carefully roll the parchment/wax paper around the dough until a log approximately 2-inches in diameter is formed. Try to make the log as round and smooth as possible. Wrap the log tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or up to one day.
7. Slice the log into cookies approximately ¼ inch thick. Lay out slices about 2 inches apart on lined baking pans. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just light golden brown.
8. Cool cookies on trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling.