Yield: 12 Muffins
1 bag Cup4Cup Muffin Mix
2 large eggs
½ cup whole milk (or dairy alternative)
1/3 cup oil (canola oil)
2 tablespoons tempered butter-1/2 cup mix (for streusel)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove ½ cup of mix and reserve in small bowl.
- Whisk eggs, milk, & oil in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining muffin mix and whisk just to incorporate, at this point fold in your desired ingredients.
- While using a 2oz. scoop or ¼ measuring cup, portion batter into lined muffin tin.
- With reserved muffin mix, add 2 tablespoons of butter or shortening and use a fork to incorporate, working until crumbly mixture forms.
- Add 1 tablespoon of streusel to the surface of each muffin.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Ideas to Try:
- Apple Cinnamon:1 cup peeled freshly grated apple (2 apples) & 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Carrot Raisin: 1 cup freshly peeled & grated carrot (Approximately 1 medium. carrot) & ½ cup raisins & 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Banana Nut : 2 each fresh (ripe, fork crushed) banana and ½ cup chopped nuts
- Blueberry: 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberry
- Chocolate Chip: 1 cup Small Chocolate chips
- If not adding any additional ingredients, bag will yield 8-2 ounce muffins.