Yield: One 9"x9" Pan or One Cast Iron Skillet or 12 Muffins
1 bag Cup4Cup Cornbread Mix
1 ¼ cups buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
2/3 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 9” x 9” pan or an 8″ cast-iron skillet with non-stick spray. For muffins, line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, and brown sugar until combined.
3. Whisk in melted butter.
4. Add Cup4Cup Cornbread Mix and mix until smooth.
5. Pour mixture into pan and bake 20-25 minutes.
Ideas to Try:
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread: 3 seeded, diced jalapenos (leave seeds in if you want it more spicy), 1 cup grated cheddar cheese. Fold into prepared batter. Add 5-10 minutes of cooking time.
- Fresh Corn Inclusion: 1 ½ cup corn kernels (2 ears). Fold into prepared batter. Add 5-10 minutes of cooking time.
- Salted Honey Butter Topping: 2/3 cup room temperature butter, 1/3 cup of honey, 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk to combine. Spread onto cooled cornbread.