For the Cornbread:
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup Cup4Cup flour
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
For the Buttercream:
1/2 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup full-fat sour cream or full-fat Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cream canoe pan with non-stick spray.
2. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
3. Add eggs, milk and melted butter to the bowl and whisk until well blended. Do not over mix.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan, filling each well ¾ full with batter.
5. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until done. Cool cakes in the pan for 5 minutes, and then place on a rack to cool to room temperature.
6. While cakes are cooling, make the buttercream. In a mixing bowl, beat butter for three minutes with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Mix in powdered sugar slowlyuntil fully combined. Mix in honey and sour cream until combined. Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a piping tip.
7. Pipe the frosting into the center of each of the cooled cakes.
If you do not have a cream canoe pan, use a muffin tin lined with paper liners, filling each 2/3 full.