Yield: 12 cinnamon rolls
Degree of difficulty: Moderate
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
For the Dough:
1 cup +2 tbsp +1 tsp (275g) warm milk
1 tbsp (10g) instant dry yeast
2 tbsp (30g) sugar
1 tsp (4g) kosher salt
4 tbsp (60g) butter, softened
1 large egg
3 cups Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour (plus extra for rolling)
For the Cinnamon Filling:
½ cup (113g) butter, melted
1 cup (185g) brown sugar
2 tbsp (10g) cinnamon
For the: Cream Cheese Glaze
4oz. (113g) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup (60g) butter, softened
1 cup (130g) powdered sugar
½t (3g) vanilla extract
2 tbsp (30g) milk
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine all of the dough ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Begin mixing at low speed and gradually increase to medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise until almost double in size.
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 325°
- Punch the dough down then transfer to a work surface liberally dusted with Cup4Cup flour.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch by 18-inch rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the melted butter.
- Roll the dough up lengthwise to form a roll 12 inches wide.
- Cut the roll into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Lay the slices down onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and loosely cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough to rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes or until just barely browned on top.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the glaze by whisking everything together until light and fluffy. A stand mixer with a paddle attachment is helpful. Adjust consistency if by adding a little milk if necessary.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm rolls.
- These rolls are best enjoyed warm.