2 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups Cup4Cup flour
3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together: sugar, Cup4Cup flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Add in eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
4. Whisk mixture approximately 2 minutes.
5. Whisk in the boiling water and fully incorporate.
6. Spray two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans with pan spray and distribute the batter evenly amongst them. Or for cupcakes, use 2 cupcake pans lined with paper liners.
7. Bake rounds for about 30 to 45 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake, comes out clean. Cupcakes will bake for less time, about 20-25 minutes.