Yield: One 9”x 9” pan or 3 mini cast-iron skillets
1 cup Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 cup cornmeal
2/3 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup butter, melted and cooled
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3 tablespoons fresh jalapeno, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9” x 9” pan or 3 mini skillets with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Add eggs, milk and melted butter to the bowl and whisk until well blended. Gently fold in the shredded cheese and minced jalapeno.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan(s).
- Bake for 28 – 35 minutes or until golden brown.