Yield: 12 mini sandwiches
2 cups (280 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 ½ teaspoons (5 g) kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoons (5 g) baking powder
½ teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
1 stick (110 g) unsalted butter, cold, cut into ½-inch cubes
¾ cup (180 g) buttermilk
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
10 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
1 jar red pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Place the dry mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Add in the cold butter and pulse until it is incorporated into the dough and the mixture resembles cornmeal. If you do not have a food processor, use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut in the butter.
- Place this mixture into a bowl. Add the shredded cheddar cheese an mix. Using a fork slowly mix in the buttermilk until the dough forms a lumpy ball. Wrap bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scoop dough using a 1.5 ounce cookie scoop onto the lined sheet trays. Leave 2 inches of space between each biscuit.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool biscuits to room temperature.
- To assemble, slice cooled biscuits in half along the equator. Spread a tablespoon of pepper jelly onto the bottom half of each biscuit. Top the jelly with 2 slices of ham folded into quarters. Place the top half of the biscuit on top of the ham. Repeat with the remaining biscuits. You may use toothpicks to keep the sandwiches together.