1 pouch Cup4Cup Pancake & Waffle Mix
3/4 cup whole milk
1 large egg
7 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Vanilla Maple Syrup
1 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
1. Preheat lightly oiled waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Place butter in a small saucepot over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and continue to cook until browned. Remove pot from the heat and cool slightly.
3. Mix together one pouch of Cup4Cup Pancake & Waffle Mix with milk and one egg in a mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract and browned butter. Stir enough to incorporate. Do not over mix. The batter will be very thick.
4. Spoon batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook according to waffle iron manufacturer’s instructions.
5. While waffles cook, combine the maple syrup and vanilla paste in a small pot. Bring the pot to a boil and remove immediately; set aside.
6. Serve hot waffles with the warm vanilla-maple syrup.